Taichung- Danda Bunun Community
► 09.30 Meet a licensed English speaking guide at your hotel.
►Drive to Danda Bunun Community.
►Stop along the way at Shuili, the last town before entering the mountain.
►Visit the market frequented by the residents from the mountains.
►Lunch (TBD, not included)
► Afternoon: Arrive at Dili Community. Welcome by the tribe with Bunun Traditional Ritual, and get your own Bunun name in the name giving ceremony.
► Listen to the stories on Carved Panel Calendar, which is used for recording annual ceremonies, then paint the tradition symbols on stones by yourself.
►Guided walking tour in Dili community, immerse in the Bunun legend. (NOTE: There will be a local guide, and the English guide will help translating.)
►Enjoy sunset at Walking Catfish Bay
► Dinner: Bunun Home-Style meal (NOTE: Please inform us ahead if you have any special dietary needs.)
► Check-in at B&B
Located in Shuanglong Village, Hsinyi Township, Nantou, on the south bank of the upper reaches of the Liao Shui River, it is a tribe inhabited by a group of Bununs, where you can see aboriginal totems, stone houses, and even a distant view of the magnificent Shuanglong Waterfall; the owner of the B&B, Rong is a member of the local ethnic group and is passionate about the Shuanglong Tribe’s natural landscapes, and he hopes to bring a feeling of freedom to every visitor!
Green mountains, pure air.
No tall buildings, no more obstructed views.Only the company of nature, to enjoy a moment of peace of mind. Nakasi offers top-quality lodging, open-air cultural experience, and a campground with a wide view, healthy and organic bitter tea plantations, and world-class landscapes. Listen to the call of nature.
Welcome to Rockhome B&B, please slow down your pace, you can enjoy the magnificent rivers and valleys, cliffs, beautiful mountain scenery, into the embrace of nature, quietly enjoy the beauty of this place, breathe fresh air, so that our souls get completely relaxed, properly recharged here, welcome to Rockhouse to enjoy the mountains.
Danda Bunun Community –Sun Moon Lake - Taichung
► 07.00 Breakfast
►08.00 Take the van to arrive at the entrance of a historical trail. Hike along on Shuanglong Forest Road with a local guide.
► Lunch : Barbeque at the Hunter’s Hut, enjoy the Hunter’s Lunch Box to fully experience the ecological hunting culture.
► After lunch, trace along the Irrigation Channel Trail during Japanese-era to arrive at the longest, highest suspension bridge in Taiwan and get a closer view of the Shuanglong waterfall.
► Farewell to the Bunun tribe. Drive to Ita Thao Community of the Thao tribe to experience a different indigenous culture.
►OPTIONAL: Sunset Boat Cruise on Sun Moon Lake (Stop at Syuanguang Temple, Shueishe, Ita Thao) (NOTE: The boat trip is optional, not included in the fee. Will need to also pay for the guide’s ticket)
►Return to hotel, end of the tour.
This tour is made in collaboration with Tribe Asia
Before deciding to explore this kind of travel, please read:
TWD 21.000 per person ( min 2 participants )
For more than 2 participants, please contact us.
- Accommodation for one night in the Danda Bunun Community
- Professional Guide and driver expenses ( overnight, meals, fuel,. parking, ETC … )
- MEALS: as per program:
– Day 1: dinner
– Day 2: breakfast and lunch
- Visits and activities as mentioned in the above itinerary.
Price does not includes:
- Meals not mentioned in the program and personal consumption;
- Boat tickets for the Sunset Boat Cruise on Sun Moon Lake
- Personal travel insurance;
- Transportation from Taichung (Can be arrangable, the price starts from 4000TWD, depends on what kind of car that will be arranged)
- To confirm the reservation a deposit of 30% is required, final payment has to be done at least one week before the tour starts.
- These prices are not valid during High season and National holidays.
1. Price of the hotel might change during holidays or special occasion.
2. The above itinerary is a reference for the outline of the travel theme. The itinerary details might change and can be modified following the special requests of our clients;
3. If you have special needs, such as special meals (vegetarian, children’s meals) please inform us to allow us the make the most suitable itinerary for you.