Divided by Lalu Island, the Sun Moon Lake scenic area got its name from the unique terrains that look like sun on one side and crescent moon on the other, the east side of the lake resembles a sun while the west side resembles a moon, hence the name. Crowned as one of the Eight Wonders of Taiwan, the Sun Moon Lake Scenic Area attracts more than six million visits each year.
Sun Moon Lake is the largest body of water in Taiwan and well-known for its clear, sparkling blue water set against a picturesque mountain backdrop. Located in Yuchi Township, Nantou County, the area around the Sun Moon Lake is home to the Thao tribe, one of aboriginal tribes of Taiwan. Sun Moon Lake surrounds a tiny island called Lalu reserved for aboriginal religious practices, therefore the public is not allowed to visit the island.
Selected hotel accommodation｜ Room Type
► 5* Hotel: The Lalu
Descriptions ｜Located on Sun Moon Lake’s Lalu Peninsula, the historic Lalu offers luxurious 5-star villas with panoramic views of the lake. Inspired by a Chinese poem, the elegant suites come with modern interiors and large bay windows. All units have a separate living area and a private balcony.
At the resort, guests can take a dip in the largest swimming pool in Taiwan, or relax with a body massage at the spa.
The Lalu Sun Moon Lake is without any doubt one of the most wonderful hotel in Taiwan.
Descriptions ｜With a distinctive style in its building structure, creating an aesthetic atmosphere by the integration of nature and simplicity with the surroundings. Extending the indoor space to outdoors, every corner of the hotel is infused with the beautiful landscape of Sun Moon Lake. Fleur de Chine has 211 rooms. There are six restaurants providing a wide range of cuisines.
In 2016, TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice selected Fleur de Chine as Top Hotels in Taiwan. In 2015, Fleur de Chine was selected by the Global Views magazine as Taiwan’s Top Leisure Hotel and received the World Luxury Hotel Awards as well as the Luxury Rooftop View Hotel.
► hotel 3* or B&B ( Cherng yuan, Doris Home or similar )
Descriptions ｜ A choice of amazing selected B&B immersed in the nature.
Our selection of 3* and B&B includes simple but clean and cozy places with lake view or immerse in the tranquility.
Our selection includes Cherng Yuan or
Doris Home or similar.
Taichung /Chayi - Sun Moon Lake
► Pick up in Taichung and meeting with your English speaking licensed guide/driver;
► Departure to Sun Moon lake. On the way to SML you can decide – together with your guide/driver to visit 921 Earthquake museum or other activity or drive straight to Sun Moon Lake.
► Lunch on the way (not included) to be define with your guide.
► Arrival in Sun Moon lake and activities ( see list of activity below ) or visit with your guide and driver;
► Dinner free
► Overnight in Sun Moon Lake;
Sun Moon lake - Taichung or Chayi
► Breakfast at the hotel and meeting with your English speaking licensed guide/driver;
► Full day to visit the area of Sun Moon Lake (you can choose one or more of the activities in the list below ) or or visit with your guide and driver;
Lunch will be at your own along the way.
► In the evening departure to Taichung.
► Drop off at your hotel oe HSR station.
List of activities
Optional activities: ( not included in the quotation )
- Cycle round one of the best bike paths in the world: It is about 30 km with hills and will take 3-4 hours with stops at few of the attractions along the way. A local guide will follow you and show the paths.
- Cable car overlooking the lake: On a good day you can enjoy a stunning views of the lake with the trip taking about 7 minutes each way, however in peak times the wait can be hours;
- Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Village;
- Boat tour (Shueishe, Ita Thao and Xuanguang Temple piers)
- Carton King, where everything from utensils to furniture are made from carton boxes.
- Visit Ita Thao: is the origin of Thao people; it is believed that their ancestors, originally from Alishan, chased a white deer to a faraway lake where they found an abundance of fish. They returned to their homeland, brought the whole tribe, and decided to settle down at Sun Moon Lake, as we call it today. Although tribal life is almost extinct now, a visit to Ita Thao allows you to experience the aboriginal culture and you get to taste delicious aboriginal food too.
- Antique Assam Tea Farm: Shuili Snake Kiln is the town where remains the eldest tradition of kiln-making. There is a biggest kiln work which is in the Guinness Book of Records by the size of 6.68 meters.
- Sky Lounge dinner at Fleur de Chine;
- Paragliding in PULI;
- SUP ( Standing up paddle )
Price for the 5* hotel ( the Lalu ) please contact us directly.
8 pax ｜$8.000 per person
7 pax ｜$8.300 per person
6 pax ｜$8.700 per person
5 pax ｜$9.300 per person
4 pax ｜$10.200 per person
3 pax ｜$11.700 per person
2 pax ｜$14.700 per person
3* or B&B
8 pax ｜$4.600 per person
7 pax ｜$4.900 per person
6 pax ｜$5.400 per person
5 pax ｜$5.900 per person
4 pax ｜$6.800 per person
3 pax ｜$8.300 per person
2 pax｜$11.200 per person3
- 2 Days Private Car or Van;
- Licensed English speaking driver or guide/ Driver available up to 9 hours per day;
- 1 Overnight in Hotel in Sun Moon lake in a double room with Breakfast;
- Driver/guide expenses ( meals & overnight );
- Fuel, freeway fee, parking;
Price does not includes:
- Anything not mentioned in the “price includes”;
- Train ticket from Taipei or Kaohsiung to Chiayi; ( please note we can provide for 20% discount on HSR Trains )
- Single room supplement.
- Tipping is generally not expected in Taiwan; however it is always appreciated to tip and shows your gratitude for a quality service.
- To confirm the reservation a deposit of 30% is required, final payment has to be done at least one week before the tour starts.
- Due to the very limited hotel choice of 4* hotel in Sun Moon lake, we suggest to book this tour as earlier as possible.
- These prices are not valid during High season and National holidays.