It includes mountain wilderness, villages, waterfalls, high altitude tea plantations, the Alishan Forest Railway, and several hiking trails. Souvenir shops also sell tasty cookies and pastries flavored with ashitaba (明日葉), a medicinal herb reputed to give long life.
With your English speaking (any other language on request) licensed guide/driver, you will get the chance to explore the beautiful area of Alishan.
Selected hotel accommodation｜ Room Type
► Alishan House ( inside Alishan National Forest Area )
Descriptions ｜ Alishan House is the only top-class hotel on Taiwan’s highest scenic spot.
It also have elegantly decorated wood cabins, provide guests a memorable vacation. Suites and rooms are aimed to present serenity, softness, and coziness.
Reminiscent design and Japanese style suites present high quality accommodation.
► Alishan Gou Hotel 3* or similar ( inside Alishan National Forest Area )
Descriptions ｜ There aren’t many hotels inside the Alishan National Forest Recreation Area and most of them aren’t particularly appealing and attractive. We have selected a few that meet our expectations and although they are basics, they offer everything you might need.
Descriptions ｜Alishan Applause B&B” is located on Alishan Leye Fushan Tribal Misty Trail and Fushan Ancient Road.
Between the Paradise Area and Fenchi Lake, it takes about 30-40 minutes to drive to Alishan Recreation Area and Fenqi Lake. In the quiet mountains and fields, travelers can drift into a deep sleep accompanied by the sound of endless croaking frogs, the cool fresh air, and the stars lingering in the night sky, returning to the purest, most stress-free life possible. The rooms are spacious, simple, but clean and nicely decorated. Some of the rooms have a balcony to enjoy the sea of clouds in the quietness of your room.
This is a great spot to enjoy Alishan mountain away from the crowds!
Taichung /Chayi– Alishan
- Pick up at the Taichung hotel or Chiayi HSR Train station. Transfer with licensed guide/driver to Alishan, stop along the way for lunch (not included ).
- On the way to Alishan there are some nice Japanese style hot spring spot ( do let us know if you would like to spend an hour in one of the spa ). The area is also famous for its production of high mountain tea and wasabi and carvings & handicrafts made from red cypress.
- On the way to Alishan, stop in Elephant mountain national Scenic area to learn about tea culture and magnificent view.
- Lunch on the way (not included in the quotation). Your Tour guide will suggest some places on the way considering the weather conditions and the time available.
- Arrival in Alishan and check in at the hotel or B&B.
- Dinner in Alishan ( Note that only Alishan House offers dinner option )
Alishan - Taichung o Chayi
- Early in the morning you will take the Alishan Mountain Railway to Zhushan Station and witness one of the famous sunrises. (Tickets not included, please pay for your guide.) With the guide you will then have a walk at the Alishan Forest Recreation Area and meet the thousands year old Taiwan cypress tree.
- Back to the hotel: On the way back you can walk down and see the ancient Cypress Trees, you can also take the train back. Breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out and transfer by car to Taichung or Chayi train station.
On the way back we suggest some stops along the road; there are several train stations with small villages and old street markets as well as stunning tea plantations.
8 pax ｜$8.200 per person
7 pax ｜$8.500 per person
6 pax ｜$9.000 per person
5 pax ｜$9.500 per person
4 pax ｜$10.500 per person
3 pax ｜$12.000 per person
2 pax ｜$15.100 per person2
3* or B&B
8 pax ｜$4.600 per person
7 pax ｜$4.900 per person
6 pax ｜$5.400 per person
5 pax ｜$6.000 per person
4 pax ｜$6.900 per person
3 pax ｜$8.400 per person
2 pax｜$11.400 per person
- 2 days private car and private/licensed English speaking guide/driver available up to 9 hours per day;
- 1 overnight in Alishan House in a double room with dinner & breakfast in the 4* hotel;
- Comfortable pick up and drop off at Chiayi or Taichung train station;
- Parking Fee in Alishan and taxes;
- Driver/guide expenses (meals & overnight);
- Fuel, freeway fee, parking;
Price does not includes:
- Anything not mentioned in the “price includes”;
- Train ticket from Taipei or Kaohsiung to Chiayi; ( please note we can provide for 20% discount on HSR Trains )
- Single room supplement.
Extra Fees to be paid in Alishan:
► Alishan Entrance Fees per person : TWD 330 ( no need to be paid for the guide/driver)
► Round trip Alishan trains tickets per person:
– Chushan Line: Single-Adult NT$150
– Shenmu Line: Single-Adult NT$100
– Zhaoping Line: Single-Adult NT$100
(Please note: Train ticket in Alishan need to be bought for the guide as well.)
- Tipping is generally not expected in Taiwan; however it is always appreciated to tip and shows your gratitude for a quality service.
- To confirm the reservation a deposit of 30% is required, final payment has to be done at least one week before the tour starts.
- Due to the very limited hotel choice inside the Taichung National Park, we suggest to book this tour as earlier as possible.
- These prices are not valid during High season and National holidays.