DAY TOUR – Classic Taipei ( with English speaking guide )
Starting from NTD $2.700 per person
This tour includes the English speaking guide for the whole itinerary and can be customized.
At 9.00 meeting with you licensed English speaking guide.
Pick up: Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel ( if central located ).
At 10.00 visit Longshan Temple and Herb Lane: Founded in 1738 during the Qing Dynasty has been rebuilt multiple times after destruction by earthquakes, typhoons, and even bombing in the last days of WWII. It is for worshiping Guanshiyin Buddha and over 100 divine spirits. The most important ones are : Matsu, goddess of the sea, Wenchang Dijun, the god of literature, red-faced Guan Gong, the god of war and patron of police and gangsters, and the Old Man Under the Moon, known as the Matchmaker or the Chinese cupid. Longshan Temple is considered not only a temple, a sightseeing attraction, but also a second-degree historical site. Just around the corner from Longshan Temple is this herb-selling area that dates back to Qing times. It’s a great place to sample some of the incredible range of Chinese herbal drinks available, though some may truly curdle your liver.
12. 00 – 13.00 Time for a quick lunch ( included ) to taste some of the specialties of Taiwan ( your guide will discuss with you about the kind of food you like to eat and give you some suggestion for a place to eat ).
After lunch visit the Palace Museum, ( entrance ticket included ). Home to the world’s largest and arguably finest collection of Chinese art, this vast collection covers treasures in painting, calligraphy, statuary, bronzes, lacquerware, ceramics, jade and religious objects. It ranks sixth among the top ten most popular museums
If time allows changing guard at Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall ( every hour till 17.00 )
15.30 – 17.30 Taipei 101, elevator to the top and mass damper.( Ticket TWD 600, included ) Taipei 101 is impossible to miss with its 508mt holding the title of the world’s tallest green building until 2011. Observation decks are on the 88th and 89th floors, with an outdoor deck on the 91st floor opened on some occasions, weather permitting. Don’t miss the massive gold-coloured iron wind damper that keeps the tower stable through typhoons and earthquakes.
Tour will end at 18.00 ( guide will leave ) at Din Tai Fung where you will be having dinner ( not included) in one of the most iconic restaurant of Taiwan. ( or back to your hotel )
Transportation: With public transportation ( not included )
Price includes: – English-speaking licensed guide ( 8 hours ) – Insurance – Palace Museum entrance ticket – 101 elevator with dumper
– Light lunch – Tipping is generally not expected in Taiwan; however, it is always appreciated and shows your gratitude for a quality service.
1) Please send us the dates and the time you would like to travel and the number of persons ( adults and kids )
2) Wait for our reply with time, schedule, price and final confirmations ( it might take 1 to 3 working day )
3) Once confirmed you will be asked to proceed the payment.